TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
My wish is for my family to grow together and become closely-knit while creating lots and lots of fond memories for the kids, my hubster, and I!
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition?
Well, I no longer celebrate Christmas as I'm a Muslim now... instead I celebrate Eid Ul-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha. However, my family still celebrates Christmas as they are not Muslim. The morning tradition growing up in our house was to wake up EARLY and open our presents! However, when I celebrate Eid the whole family wakes up early and enjoys lots of yummy sweets, juice, candies, etc... and we exchange gifts.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
I would ask Allah (God) for an entire weekend without kids! As a stay at home, homeschooling mom of 3 that would be a dream come true!
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
BAKING! Baking is a wonderful way to spend time with the kids, incorporating them in the activity, while make delicious treats to share!
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
I distinctly remember playing Monopoly and Life! Oh how I miss my childhood!
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
It's a little challenging carrying a holiday tradition from my childhood because we didn't really have a tradition... we just usually spent the entire day enjoying our gifts while my parents watched us. So, in a way, I do the same as I watch the kids enjoy playing with their gifts on Eid.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip?
I would LOVE to spend Eid in Morocco with my husband's family. We went to Morocco this year and my in-laws were AMAZING. I miss them very much and I know we would have a very memorable Eid if we went to Morocco!
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
1. My sister has been desperately trying to find the Kinect for the Xbox360 - so it would be great to be able to give that to her and her hubby.
2. The JumpStart Advanced Preschool Fundamentals game for PC - this would be for my toddler!
3. Caillou Kindergarten game for PC - this would be for my little kindergartener!