Sunday Stealing: The Community Meme
1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from for your posts?
I usually post about my real life experiences, thoughts, frustrations, etc... My blog is my digital journal that I share with the world (even if the world isn’t really paying much attention).
2. If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you switch with and why? Interesting question... I’ve come across so many blogs that are primarily money making blogs aimed at providing [compensated] product reviews and giveaways. I prefer lighthearted and meatier blogs, but haven’t really found one I absolutely LOVE. So, at present time there isn’t really another blogger I would like to swap posts with.
3. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why?
With a doubt - Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. Why? First of all, the intro is awesome! Second, it’s performed by “Survivor” - I’m Surviving Madness... Lastly, the lyrics are fairly fitting (for the exception of it being a man).
4. What is your writing process for a post?
I don’t really have a process... I have a thought and I write about it. Clean. Simple. Easy. I just wish I had more time to write.
5. Your blog requires a cute, new, mascot - what would it be?
A giraffe. I love giraffes.
6. Do you feel you express your "true self" on your blog?
7. What is your biggest online pet-peeve?
Inexcusable spelling errors. I don’t typically nitpick grammatical errors because my grammar isn’t perfect. However, I’m amazed at how someone can write, “That’s sweat.” or “Where our you going?” or “I’m going to are house.” or “I can’t weight to go.” Ummmm, there’s really just no excuse for these errors!
8. If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why?
Fictional universe? I’m at a complete loss for an answer here...
9. You're having a bad day, you're upset, you're angry, or you're sad - what is your go-to comfort? Talking to my mom on the phone!
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your leading lady/man, your best friend, and your rival?
My leading lady would have to be Melissa McCarthy - she’s fluffy, beautiful, but very comical - I really like her! The leading man - well, since I’m casting - I vote for Patrick Dempsey. *McDreamy* My best friend, hmmmm.... depends on which one and at which point in my life. My rival? The only person I would ever consider a rival was one of my former [incompetent] bosses - she would be perfectly played by Dot Jones (she wasn’t tall like her, but she was quite manly).
12. Do you think the world is going to end in 2012?
Only God knows for sure. Every day is a day we draw closer to the end - whether or own, or the world’s. We should live each day as if it’s our last.
13. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
As a woman I’m inclined to pick a physical attribute - but the one thing I desperately need most is patience. I would change my lack of patience!
14. What is your favorite season and why?
I love autumn (fall). The weather is crisp but not too cold, it’s amazingly colorful and life starts to slow down, just a little.
15. You've been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead being or would you embrace it for all it is worth?
Honestly, I’m a bit sick of the whole vampire and werewolf fascination lately - but I’ll go ahead and answer... I’d probably embrace it - I’m a little exotic like that. *hehe*
16. Have you personally met any of your blogger friends?
One, but I ended up working for her company after I started blogging for her site... so, I’m not sure if that counts. If not, then no.
17. What does your favorite pair of underwear look like?
I love lowrise boyshort panties - they’re sooo comfy.
18. Have you ever drank something right from the container in the refrigerator knowing other people will have to drink out of the same container later?
I have, on very few occasions drank from the container - but only when it was the last of what was left and I couldn’t readily find a clean cup - but that was quite a long time ago when I was a kid/teenager.
19. What is your favorite word and explain why?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious. If you say it loud enough you’ll always sound precocious. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
20. 2011 is soon coming to a close, is there anything you'd like to do different on your blog in the year 2012?
Post a little more, but other than that, nothing.